Saturday, March 01, 2008

Queen of Hearts and Caveman




I've been working on a live action TV show pitch for the past few weeks, so, as they say, I've got nothing (nothing new to show here, that is.) The pitch went well, and was given the green light to continue. As with all of these sort of projects, I'm cautiously optimistic. As some of you may know, it's a monumental task to get a show on air. Wish I could show and tell more about some of the projects I am helping to develop, but I can't, of course, not now. So stay tuned and keep your fingers crossed. Anyway, I dug deep into my dusty portfolio and found these. Sorry to my friends who have already seen. Top is the Queen of Hearts I did for Disney a while back (pastel). The bottom cave man image was a freelance assignment for an elevator company promotion (acrylic).

14 comments:

Jamal O said...

Very Beautiful work.

I thoroughly enjoy the sculptural forms of the top image.

Nathan Lindsay said...

that queen of hearts is awesome.

...to answer your question -yes, Fall Line and Avalanche -separate but sharing some assets and technologies. Whole lot of talent in one place and a great place to work.

Jeff Harter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff Harter said...

Thanks Jamal. The initial design started out flat and geometric. Lot of simple shapes and straights against curves and angles. The fun part was adding highlights and shadows, particularly in the head and arms/hands, to give it a sense of depth and volume. The tricky part was working with pastels and pushing pigment around with my finger. Probably could have done a lot more quickly and easy in Photoshop, but I can't get my hands dirty that way.

Nathan, thanks. From looking at yours and the collective Avalanche blogs, I agree. Most definitely a diamond in the rough out there in Salt Lake.

John T Quinn III said...

I just saw a whole line of concept sleepwear againbst that alice program you did. it only took 5 years for it to happen. anyway, made me misty for the old days. sigh.

Bryan Wynia said...

Great work man. Always nice to meet another artist from Buffalo. Thanks for sharing!

Jeff Harter said...

wow, 5 years...I guess the time is right. Let me know who will carry them, I'll pick some up for my kids.

Yep, those were good times. I do miss them, and you, and those other people. What were their names again? :o) But seriously, it's the people who make the magic happen. (weep)

Jeff Harter said...

Bryan, are you a Buffalo native? I miss the Bills. And Duff's chicken wings. sigh.

Dorota said...

Jeff- good to hear from you. I had to check your blog. good stuff!!!

Jeff Harter said...

Dorota, It's good to see you blogging!

Art of Don Dixon said...

Thanks for stoppin by my blog and leaving a nice comment! 3 years at Disney Feature? :) THats awesome man! You have some great stuff on this blog!

SACKS said...

That queen of hearts is a gold medal winner my friend!!!!

Jason Miskimins said...

awesome paintings! very cool stuff.

Miran Kim said...

This was yours? OMG! I didn't know it, but I always liked this seeing it somewhere at work. Wow!