Thursday, January 12, 2006

I Love Bowling...



... and chicken wings. Sometimes we were able to sneak a little bit of our own personalities into the Disney characters that we drew.

This is Peg leg Pete, without the peg leg... Another piece I did at Disney Consumer Products. I wanted to create a rough, grainy, graphic look since out target was boys'/mens' product. I ran the original drawing through the copier a few times to give it that several generations removed from the original copy look.

I think where I live now might have more bowling alleys per square mile than Los Angeles, which is a good thing. But we have Sushi, too. Ha!

graphite, digital color.

2 comments:

Lingo Slinger said...

Cool character. Like the font you used too (is it FontDiner?)

I too am a bowling fan. I only like the old skool alleys though... The ones that smell like bowling shoes, have brown and orange bucket seats, and where you do your scoring by hand.

None of this digitari bowling.

Jeff Harter said...

Thanks, and FontDiner sounds about right...

Yes, the old skool bowling alleys are the best. Somewhere along the line I heard that Cleveland and other cities want to build bowling alleys in their cities that are more sophisticated, to attract a younger, hipper crowd. Like a Starbucks/Sushi Bar bowling alley? Bowling... sophisticated? I don't know, maybe it's a brilliant idea... who knows. Need to look into that one more...